Monday, 10 September 2012

Left Unsaid - The rights of homosexuals and the environment

A reader of The Unwords and of this blog has contacted me and made an observation which is correct, and said observation was followed by a question. Many issues are criticised through The Unwords, ranging from social isolation, war-profiteering, religious fundamentalism, the corrupt educational, political and justice system, dishonesty in erotic relationships etc.. but as this particular reader noticed, there are two very serious contemporary issues which I do not touch at all in The Unwords. These issues are the rights of homosexuals and the continuous destruction of our natural environment. His question was very simple, "why not these issues?"

The reason I chose not to elaborate on these very serious, and very relevant in our current times, issues is because I refuse to accept these topics as even being up for debate. Meaning that, OBVIOUSLY homosexuals are entitled to the same "human" rights everyone else has because...they are humans! And seriously, is there anyone on this planet that thinks we should continue polluting the environment? Please, if you are in favour of destroying the environment, step forward and let us take a good look at you....I want to know your face, just in case we're in a flaming building ready to collapse one day and I have to choose between saving you or a puppy.

 I do not elaborate on these issues because I really think it's stupid to even be in a debate about them. Those who have a problem with homosexuals being able to marry each other, are the same people who had a problem with black people being able to exercise the same profession as them around 50-60 years ago. Whoever is arguing against the rights of homosexuals today is simply the left-overs of a racist, hate-infusing culture which first had the native Indians as a shooting target, then the black slaves brought in by the millions, then the Latin Americans, then the communists...and now, post cold-war, the Muslims and the homosexuals. I have not heard a single argument by these anti-homosexuality people that does not direct back to "their" religious beliefs, or "their" family values, or "their" personal OPINIONS! And of course, in a free society, your religion...is not necessarily my religion. Nor your values have to be enforced upon me as the mandatory values of the social environment I live in. And most definitely, your opinion... 

...does not have to be the moral law with which I live my life by.

10 comments:

  1. ... saving a puppy... always... People are bad, animals are the only pure creatures this world still has.

    The ones who pollute my home are those few with sick ideas of ruling and owning the whole planet.

    Homosexuals make a big noise. I don't care if a boy likes a boy as long as they keep it quiet. Because I keep it quiet. If they can make a parade and demand equal rights, so can I make one and ask for the same rights. There is a whole organization around homosexuals and they in fact are protected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an organization for just about anything... I have met some homosexuals and though one or two of them were as you described, very "noisy" about it, most were actually pretty low - profile and very, very ordinary. I would never have guessed they were homosexuals if they didn't tell me themselves. So they are kind of like everybody else I guess... some of us "straight" people like to sit in the corner and contribute in the occasional chit chat, some others choose to step on the bars, take their clothes off and start broadcasting their availability.. No one makes more noise than straight, drunk, teenage girls on a mission to stand out from the crowd and rule the club's dance floor.. :)

    fact remains though, that homosexuals are not allowed to marry each other in most countries around the world. Most of them are employed either within the fashion industry, or the music and film industry, because in the 70's, those were the only industries that a homosexual could be "open" about his sexuality and exercise a profession without being finger-pointed every second of his every day life. That is simply not right...and like I said, I don't even consider the topic as "debatable," hence not including it in The Unwords.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've met some of them myself and those are normal ordinary people... And yes, they are like everybody else. It's their personal issues that make them feel insecure and inferior. To be homosexual was natural before it became modern. Humans made it more complicated by accepting twisted Christianity and Church which is against...............
    It's hard to be gay here. We're still conservative and some "European" things are not acceptable. But, we are defected nation...
    You don't need The Unwords for homosexuals. Everything one needs to know about them is already said. They make it so obvious... transparent... I don't belong to this time and place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to disagree to the point mentioned above "I don't care...... as long as they keep it quiet". If people kept quiet, we wouldn't have the civil rights movement and subsequently changes in the racial, gender, and religious equality laws. I do agree though that due to the oppression certain groups experienced/experiencing there are some residual complexes left, e.g. the overused political correctness argument. But people should not keep quiet for any reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with Tzellofouska on this one concerning this particular topic. If you think about it, straight individuals are making more "noise" over homosexuality than homosexuals make about themselves.

      Thus said, on more general terms...I kind of agree and disagree with both of you. I believe there is a time to speak up and there is a time to shut up. Like Tzello said, god forbid if for example Martin Luther King kept quiet about the black community and their struggles, a huge chapter in the civil rights movement would be non existent today. But on the other hand... I have seen some footage of Hitler giving lectures around the time he wrote Mein Kampf, a few years before he had the bright idea of...well, killing everyone in the world. And while watching that footage, I can't help but contemplate and ask myself; "Wouldn't it be great if this moron simply shut the f%&k up and devoted his life to painting instead?" So...yeah, sometimes people should speak up, but some other times...silence is a virtue. It all comes down to what your objective is. I strongly believe that people, before they commit themselves to an action or a statement, should ask themselves this very simple question; "Am I virtuous by saying or doing this...or will I be making a lot of people and myself miserable?" If you conclude that your actions will benefit mankind, then go ahead, speak up... you owe it to the world to speak up. Your decision is no longer a decision, it automatically becomes a duty. But if the answer is "No, I will probably make a lot of people miserable," then I suggest you do the world a favour and make yourself a latte, watch an episode of The Big Bang Theory, keep your mouth shut and take on a hobby that does not include public broadcasting.

      Delete
  5. Hmmmm... I second that. Of course I was only speaking about socially helpful causes and not mental ones! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK... The next Serbian "Pride Parade" or "Gay Parade" or whatever that "parade" is called like is planned for the 6th. October. These people want to make it a 6 days parade. Is it normal? Someone's gonna get killed. Isn't it better for their security to keep their mouth shut?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3vdOUGnquc This happened before... Last year they organized it but never really walked the streets.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUOH7nrVfys&feature=related We don't need another war. I don't care what their choice is. I have mine and I don't shout it out loud. Some "patriots" will say (like a guy in this clip) that they MUST fight the gay population in order to HEAL our nation. If you keep watching it, you'll see a priest who says that gays are sinners. Should I continue?
    You all may be homosexuals... I don't care. But, keep it quiet... Why does the world has to know about your choices? So, Tzellofouska, I'm not against them - I have nothing to gain by being opposed to gays. I am against public parades. What is that "pride" mentioned above? It's a synonym for penis. At least in this Balkan pit...

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgn--3QwpoE&feature=related It's kind of funny... Those wires can cut a throat (happened once).

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvwth0eWKns&feature=related Followed by police / special units / army... Can you believe these images? I cannot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still disagree with you miss.. :) The problem here is not that homosexuals want to have parades, why shouldn't they? I dare you to find me a biggest "parade" than Christmas... it's a consumerist-driven, mass exploitative yearly celebration and dare I say a complete ridicule of the beliefs of a specific religious group, which enforces its self down the throats of every human being on the planet for an entire week in December. So Christians can celebrate being Christians, but homosexuals can't celebrate being homosexuals without beaten to death by the "christians?!" The problem in your country is not that homosexuals have parades..the problem in your country is that when some people have parades they get beaten to death for it. If your people can beat a homosexual to death cause they have a parade, then homosexuals should have no hesitation of smashing the face of every Santa Claus they come across on December the 25th.

      Delete