Sunday, 16 November 2014

A tornado of razor blades

When you face a blank canvas... or a blank sheet of paper, what do you hope for? What do you strive to achieve? A release of your emotions? Is that what we want to create? A lover, a friend, a punching bag? Why do we imprint ourselves on something that people will eventually define its value with a price tag? If I love you with all my heart... then why do I place that love on something that people will only care about if it matches the colors of their living room curtains? 

When I face a blank page I see the distance... I can feel the vacuum that awaits me. And as the words gradually come into place, violently setting in motion the strings of my thoughts like a tornado of razor blades ripping through everything, there is no doubt in my mind that what I participate in is not a graceful dance between creativity and language... 

...it's a vendetta between self and the vacuum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment